Most people with coronary heart disease recover without the need for special treatment. No need to be hospitalized later. However, some corona patients have to be hospitalized. So you need to know what symptoms you can take care of at home and if you have any symptoms go to the hospital quickly.
What symptoms do you have at home to consider you as a corona patient?
1. Fever – If you have a thermometer at home, measure your body temperature with it. A fever is usually caused by a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. If you don’t have a thermometer, if you feel hotter than usual with your hands on your chest and back, then you will catch a fever.
2. Cough – Most cases are dry coughs. That means phlegm does not come out with a cough. People who have a cough due to lung or heart disease have a worse cough than usual.
3. Loss of sense of smell or taste in the mouth – Many Kovid patients cannot smell anything or understand the taste of food. Or the smell and taste become different than before.
4. Fatigue – The body feels very weak. It is very difficult to do any small work.
There are some more symptoms. These symptoms are less common, such as:
- Cold or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Pain in the body and muscles
- Eye infection or conjunctivitis – Conjunctivitis. The pus comes out and the eyelids stick together. Many of us know it as ‘eye lift’. It usually heals on its own in a few weeks.
- Rash or rash – Rash or rash may appear on the skin. The color of the fingers and toes may change. It is best to see a doctor if you have these symptoms. He can tell if it’s because of Corona or some other reason.
Remember, the appearance of any of these symptoms does not necessarily mean coronary heart disease. Even before Corona came, people used to have fever and cold. But now if the symptoms appear, you have to think about Corona patient and take all kinds of precautions. For example, not going out of the house. If you have the opportunity to test, then you can be sure.
Our Related Post: A shortness of breath in Corona – Coronavirus
This advice to stay at home without going to the hospital may bother you. We usually go to the doctor if we feel sick. But in the case of Corona, the opposite is true. In fact, there is no separate treatment for patients with mild symptoms. So no need to go to the hospital later. Instead, if you go to the hospital, you can get other infections.
When to go to the corona patient hospital immediately?
Do not panic if the following symptoms appear Corona patient. Rather plan in a cold head how you can get to the hospital faster.
1. Shortness of breath – shortness of breath. Having trouble speaking. Having difficulty breathing while walking.
2. Lips or face turning blue – This means that the amount of oxygen in the body is severely reduced. You can use a pulse oximeter at home to detect the lack of oxygen in the blood. Many Kovid patients do not have difficulty breathing but oxygen levels are found to be much lower.
3. Urinary incontinence or overeating – this is a sign of kidney failure.
4. Chest pain or pressure sores – these are the symptoms of a heart attack. It can also be caused by severe shortness of breath. Please do not avoid chest pain in any way.
5. Cold hands and feet, heavy sweating, pale face – these are also symptoms of a heart attack. The idea that everyone Corona patient will have chest pain if they have a heart attack is not correct.
6. A rash that does not go away when pressed with a glass – it can be a sign of a brain infection.
7. Stuttering in the mouth or numbness in the limbs, inability to move – many people know Corona patients that it is a sign of a stroke.
8. Coughing up blood
The last three symptoms may not be understood by the patient himself. Those who will serve the patient should be taken care of. The symptoms are:
9. Staying asleep – The patient may not be able to stay awake at all at the time that he can stay normally. Even calling the patient is not going to wake him up. Falling asleep again and again.
10. Confusion – The patient is forgetting, cannot remember anything, or is behaving incoherently, which is not normal for the patient.
11. The patient becomes unconscious
Also when going to the hospital may:
- In addition to these symptoms, if the patient seems to be deteriorating rapidly for other reasons
- Those who have other diseases, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, etc., and are not being controlled at home
- If any of the symptoms are severe, stay at home. For example, vomiting does not stop at anything.
Content Reference: UMMS